Old 28-05-2009, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_289_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_289_] is offline

Default Early potatoes, elapsed time from plant to harvest?

"Jonathan Campbell" wrote in message
I planted a few Red Duke of York in pots, and indoors, on March 9th. After
a month or so, when abundant foliage had appeared, I put them outside.

Any ideas when they should be ready to harvest. A book says elapsed time
plant to harvest of about 75 days for earlies --- which is about now from
the 9th March. However, the weather has been a little colder than normal
(I'm in North West Ireland).

I see flowers appearing on *other* Red Duke of Yorks that I planted
outside on 19th March, but none on the 9th March (pots) ones.

Best regards,

Jon C.

I reckon about 3 months for earlies and 4 months plus for maincrop. Some of
our members are already digging potatoes but they would have been planted
straight out in Feb/March.

Robert
www.rraa.moonfruit.com