Old 30-05-2009, 01:19 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Craig Watts Craig Watts is offline

Default Lettuce isn't heading

Richard Evans wrote:
I have Romaine lettuce in my container garden that is doing fine, but
I have a half dozen plants of head lettuce that aren't showing any
sign of heading. In fact, they look very much like the Romaine: Long
stalks with leaves at the tips.

Any ideas?

We gave up on head lettuce years ago. Never had luck with it
heading. We grow all leaf (Bibb, Black Seeded Simpson,...).
Our Romaine was harvested 2 weeks ago and did very well the
last 3 years. It is getting just to hot now.

Pull the leaves and eat it as is.

Craig