Old 15-04-2003, 04:20 AM
Jane

Default replanting new roses?

Thanks Jean, I decided since they were already having a wet spring I'd do as
Shiva suggested for the summer to give them half a chance. I'm afraid I'm
not used to this climate yet. It seems very erratic. I saw 0 this past
winter and a few days later it was in the 40s.
Two days ago it was 42 and tomorrow it's going to be mid 80s. This is very
disturbing.

Jane in Wonderland (grin)
"Jean S. Barto" wrote in message
I planted my roses lower than recommended for my climate--it got down in

the
low 20's here in Hampton Roads, VA in Jan and Feb, and I thought that

having
the roses planted higher would endanger them next winter. I'm not sure
about replanting them now--I suppose it depends how long you've had them
in--if they've just been in a few days I'd think it would be OK to move
them.

Jean in VA

"Jane" wrote in message
et...
Hi people,
I'm thinking my roses are still planted too high for my climate and even
though I just put them in a few weeks ago, I was thinking I should re

plant
them deeper. Additionally, I'm considering adding a little extra soil
lightners, since we seem to be under constant rain here and I worry that
their feet will be too wet as they are... Since they're looking alive,
leafing out a little, when may I do this without stressing them more

than
they can handle?
Thanks in advance,
Jane in 6b, MD