Old 02-06-2009, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default "super" berries: goji, honeyberry, arona

On Fri, 29 May 2009 22:24:00 +0100, Fred
wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone bought any of these so-called super berries? I have seen
them advertised in the various catalogues. As I understand it arona
berries are very tart so cannot be eaten off the bush but honey
berries are supposed to taste like sweet blueberries. is this true?
What do goji berries taste like?

I see that Thompson-Morgan's prices seem to be lower than everyone
else's but they do list small plants; how small? Perhaps the more
expensive catalogues are selling older, larger plants? Are they? Has
anyone ordered any and from whom and what size were they?

TIA

Did anyone else send for free seeds, offered in the Telegraph (Sat
gardening pages) 2 or 3 months ago by Plant World, Newton Abbbot?
They are 2 varieties of solanum family plants with edible berries, one
golden, one black. My plants have yet to flower. One variety look
indistinguishable from tomato plants. I don't have "great
expectations" of them.

Pam in Bristol