Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Run, Rabbit, Run

"KC" wrote in message
On Jun 4, 5:29 pm, "Suzanne D." wrote:

I've often been criticized for allowing my female cat to have kittens now
and then, by people who are concerned that domestic cats are a danger to
the
local wildlife. I hear stories about how cats sometimes kill rabbits, and
how terrible this is for the poor little rabbits. I think there are
certain
cases where a couple of hungry outdoor cats could actually help, and this
situation would be one of them.
--S.

I agree. But wildlife follows a food chain, and the cat that catches
a rabbit is itself a favorite catch for the coyote. I believe it all
balances out in the end unless man intervenes and tips the scale.

Yeah. That's why we take care of our pets, but accept that sometimes they
will not have the same lifespan as pets who are inside all their lives.
With freedom comes reality.
--S.