Old 05-06-2009, 03:33 PM
ianh ianh is offline
Registered User

Default Help please, new lawn turf dying

Hi,

I'm in need of some advice re my newly laid lawn. It was laid last week by a friend who 'supposed' to know what he was doing.

It was really hot when it went down but he said that I shouldn't water it until the sun goes down or else I'll scorch the grass. It was completed about 3:00pm ish and then I went out.

When I came back to water it at about 7:30 when the sun had started to set, all the turf had shrunk by at least 1 inch in between all the sections. I watered it for about 1 1/2 hours that night and when I got up in the morning it was worse. I watered it again in the evening, again when the sun had gone down (as he'd told me to do) but the gaps had got bigger 2 -3 inches.

He came around the next day whilst I was at work and said he'd fixed it. He'd pulled all the sections together again. But now I noticed it was going yellow in a lot of places. I would say about 30 - 35% of it now is yellow.

Its quite a big plot, 110 square meters and all the joining lines have gone yellow as well as the first 3-4 runs of the longest side.

I've continued to water it every evening when I've got home from work but it doesn't seem to be having any affect on it at all.

Also a lot of the joins between the sections are now overlapping were he's moved them to join the gaps.

I really don't know what to do next the whole lawn is just a mess.

Can anyone give any advice please?

Thanks in advance, Ian