Old 05-06-2009, 06:51 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Wes Dukes Wes Dukes is offline

Default Cabbage worms

On 2009-06-05, Richard Evans wrote:
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 17:43:59 -0400 in Richard Evans wrote:
Small blue caterpillars are turning my cabbages into lace doilies.
What can I use to control them that is not harmful to humans eating
the cabbage?

Bacillus Thuringiensis.

Will the plants recover when the worms are gone? They are pretty
chewed up, but then the heads have barely begun to form. Seems like
there's plenty of time for new, healthy growth.

That is hard to tell. But since it is June it is a bit late for
cabbage. With the heat they will probably bolt to seed anyway. Cabbage
needs to be planted in February. Ours bolted in late April or early
May.

is a garbage address.