Old 06-06-2009, 04:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Holy pot shards, Batman!

Had to be a minor twister. What with the airplane that went down near
Brazil I wouldn't wonder that the weather is unsettled an can sneak up on
you. Even we had thunder & finger lightning (as opposed to 'heat' lightning
that CA usually gets) on Wednesday. Very weird for us. Usually rain in the
first two weeks of June, but no lightning, etc..... Then dry till
Thanksgiving.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Wow! We had a storm come through here about an hour and a half ago. Sheets
of water like waves in Mexico washing over Phals, galvanized pipe came
down, and the orchids with it, Vandas in the pool, including that big
Ascocentrum curvifolium that some of you may recall. Benches cleared in
the lanai.

Had to be a small twister. Picked up as much as possible (everything is
off the ground) and will make repairs tomorrow AM. Broken pots, broken
pbulbs, broken sheaths. At one point we actually went into the laundry
room with the cat for a minute or so, because it's the most interior room
with no glass. An area with no glass is hard to find in our house.

What a mess. So much for repotting tomorrow.

Diana