Old 06-06-2009, 06:25 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Storm Ruined Tomato Plants

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 09:43:38 -0700 (PDT) in trax wrote:
We planted several tomato plants in May and they were doing great
until a huge rain (thunder & lighting, hail) storm hit and they are
now all drooping. We are concerned that most will not survive and we
won't have any fresh tomatoes this year. Doesn't anybody have any
suggestions? Should I add the tomato fertilizer fast grow? I don't
want to touch them too much.

If they're a determinate variety, they're toast.
If they're an indeterminate variety new growth should resume from what's
left of the stem and roots (Unless it rained so hard it washed away the roots
too). You'll just be a bit late getting tomatoes.

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.