Old 09-06-2009, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B[_2_] Ray B[_2_] is offline

Default RO water

I would think so.

Ray Barkalow - First Rays Orchids - http://www.firstrays.com
www.firstrays.com
Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

From: keith kent ]
Posted At: Monday, June 08, 2009 5:41 PM
Posted To: rec.gardens.orchids
Conversation: RO water
Subject: RO water

Hi Ray , i may have been misunderstood , the 15 ml feed is a complete
feed of 2-1-4 /trace ,the N added to make it
4-1-4 and Cal & Mg added as a suppliment .I mix all this together in
100 ml of water then gradually add this to 80 lt of rain water to the
required strength depending on time of year then alter the ph between
6.1 -6.9 .
So if this was used with RO should it be o.k ?.
Regards Keith
"Ray B" wrote in message
As I use a complete fertilizer formulation, I cannot comment on the
additional stuff needed other than to say "make sure it's complete"
(which those don't seem to be).

If your hydrofogger does not deposit any droplets on your plants, and
you don't mind doing some periodic cleaning, the flush water ought to be
OK. I use RO in mine, because it does and I do.

From: keith kent ]
Posted At: Thursday, June 04, 2009 5:59 PM
Posted To: rec.gardens.orchids
Conversation: RO water

Hi Ray , so my regime should fit in ok .
I add 15ml feed, 5ml cal ,5ml sulphate of ammonia ,5 ml mag then add
this gradually to 80 ltrs to get the required strength depending on time
of year.
So no more additives are needed ?
I tested some waste RO water today and the PH was 7.4 and 750 m/sm i was
thinking of using this waste water for my hydrofogger. Good or bad idea
or is it no better than tap water so waste of time using.
Thanks Keith
"Ray B" wrote in message
Keith,
The stuff you do with rainwater is exactly correct with RO water.
Pay particular to the pH and buffering.
Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!