Old 24-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Steven Kolak

Default Anyone recommend Craftsman 6.5HP lawnmower (37836)

Hi Judy,

Fortunately, it will be used only on flat surfaces. I just heard the
same recommendation from a friend of mine about the front vs. rear
drive.

Do you have this Craftsman model?

Thanks,
Steve

"Judy and Dave G" wrote in message ...
"Steven Kolak" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Can anyone recommend the following Craftsman lawnmower model? I could
not find reviews of this model anywhere on the web/Usenet. I saw it
advertised in the Sears sales flyer this week for $259.99. Is this a
good price? Does this model or a similar one come on sale for less?

Below is the description from the Sears website.

Please send all replies to this bulletin board as I am having trouble
with my email.

Thanks!
Steve

==================

Craftsman 6.5 hp 21 in. Deck Rear Bag Mower (Model #37836)
6.5 horsepower Briggs & Stratton 1 engine is ready
for any yard job. Single speed front wheel gear drive
system propels the mower so it does the work, not you.

-- Front wheel drive single speed

Are you going to be mowing going up a hill? With the front wheel drive you
need to lift the back 2 wheels to get it to propel. With the rear wheel
drive the weight is already on the rear wheels.

Judy

-- 21 in. high tunnel rear bag propelled
-- 21 in. rear bag, mulch ready
-- Durable, maintenance free transmission
-- Optional side discharge chipping deflector available
-- Folding handle means you need less room for storage
-- Factory installed mulching system can be changed from
bagging to mulching with no tools
-- California compliant