Old 12-06-2009, 09:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
sativasam sativasam is offline

Default Coffee Grounds

in the UK used coffee grounds are given away free by the coffee shops as a
slug deterrent. A massive soggy bag can be had for free any weekend

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
Richard has an idea.

Yes I know of a number of instances that coffee helps.

Compost it and it draws earthworms by the handful.
Same with with the plants. It doesn't seem much by volume,
not much to do much, but it draws the earthworm and they deposit
as they consume on their way and stay looking for more coffee.

Along side a mountain cabin coffee was made by the half pound can
at a time. This was a small town hunting and vacation cabin in the
mountains. They dumped the urn out the kitchen window every time and
a number of times a day. And had been using that way for years.
It was a fishing worm hill and the worms extracted when wanted.

I'd put it in small mounds under the ground - not spread it to thin.

Martin

Donald Keeney wrote:
This may be lore or fact , but I have heard that coffee grounds
sprinkled on the soil near the roots enhances plant growth.
Ideas and experience with this topic are appreciated.
Don,.....