Old 24-02-2003, 05:07 PM
John Rutz

Default rec.ponds members directory?

If you want a email directory then make it up from here---
but as Nedra said an open conversation here in the rec.ponds generates
answers from several different people, so you can look at the ones whose
situation (location-size of pond etc) is near to yours and go from there

John Rutz

Justin wrote:
Robyn Rhudy wrote in message ...

I've been thinking for a while that someone should make a directory of
those "experts" from rec.ponds to whom new pond addicts can send their
questions. Yes, there are a number of us out there but it'd be nice I
think to have everyone's name in one spot. People who are longtime
posters,
experts, experienced ponders, helpful ponders, etc. could be on the list.
It could include name, location, web site if they have one, year started
keeping ponds, number of ponds, profession, area of expertise, etc.
Commercial sites would not be allowed unless the person was good at
answering questions without pushing their products. New ponders could get
advise from many people at once if they wanted or find the one who knew
the most about a particular area. People on the list would have to be
good at actually answering e-mails within a few days (unless on vacation,
sick, power out, computer dead, etc.). This list would sort of be like a
new Internet
Pond Society. I am right that the IPS is defunct, yes? A group of us
should resurrect it. It seems a few of us like myself and Justin comes to
mind are trying to carry the burden of what should be an entire group of
internet pond experts. I'm willing to put a list on my site but if
there's to be a new IPS (with a new name I guess), that's something a
group of us should do and not just one or two people. Wouldn't it
be nice to have a pond newsletter from an organization or group of
people so it would gain more prestige? Anyway,
I just wanted to get these ideas off my chest if even they never come to
anything. What do you think? Thanks!

Sounds good to me Robyn. I wish we could get it rolling.

Justin

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so