Old 17-06-2009, 03:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default Blc.Copper Queen

I'm not much for Richard Mueller crosses or nodosa crosses; the form
doesn't usually appeal to me. But I have kept this one for a while
because I love the lip. For those who aren't familiar with these, they
tent to open rather colorful ('_copper_ queen' and turn a lovely canary
yellow after a couple weeks or so - except the lip, which remains as it
is. This one is about four days old and so has lost some of the orange
in the sepals and petas already. I have also attacehd a close-up of the
lip. Love that molten lava effect!!

Attached Thumbnails
Blc.Copper Queen-copperqueen0609.jpg   Blc.Copper Queen-copperqueenlip.jpg