Old 15-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Nouix

Default Fountain to be left on for how long? Newbie pond questions.

My fiancee and I recently bought a house that came with a pond. We
emptied it out last Saturday (picked up leaves) and refilled it.
(approximately 460 gallons). We hooked up the fountain and it is quite
pretty. Currently we only turn it on when we are home.

We'd like to know if we should keep it running for longer, to help
prevent algae growth? We're also going to pick up our koi (courtesy of
old owners) from their "boarding school" soon. Do they like the
running water?

What plants would be good for the pond? (From what I've read so far I
can't have water lilies because they don't like running water?)

Thanks for all your help!