Old 22-06-2009, 07:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Paul Simon Paul Simon is offline

Default Phal noid - X-Eye Stereo - Phalaenopsis - xeye.jpg (1/1) [173K]

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:39:43 -0700, Paul Simon wrote
(in article ):

Nice job, Tom. I had to cut and paste in psp as I view in parallel.
I've
been doing stereo orchid photos for a while and would have posted more
but
there didn't seem to be the interest.

I'd appreciate the details and am happy to share mine with you.

Paul
"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Thanks, Paul. The shots were hand held with a 105mm lens at about 5 feet,
moving about 1 inch horizontally. Then opened a new frame in PS, a bit
more
than twice the width of the images, and pasted them in. I haven't
experimented much with the size of the arc.
I'd love to know how you handle it.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Sorry for the delay, I've been remiss in my e-mail.

I have gotten into this much more, but not sure if the results are any
better :-) I use a tripod and have a left/right calibrated slide bar that I
use for shifting. I follow the 1 to 15 rule and shift 1 inch for each 15
inches distance. I'll forward some on via the new orchid.pictures web site
with more details.

Let's meet sometime in SF at one the orchid shows. I think we're a bit too
far apart; I'm in Los Altos Hills.

Paul