Old 16-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Dominic

Default Near miss

I was planting out on the allotment today when I heard something thud
to the ground a few feet to the side of me. It sounded slightly heavy,
like a fist sized clod of earth or something. At first I wondered if
it was kids taking a pot shot at my greenhouse by lobbing something
over the high hedge.

It took me a little while to spot the object because it wasn't really
what I was expecting - a big dead rat

Guessing that this wasn't a rodent suicide or some kind of
Terminator-style experiment from the future, I assume that the poor
creature was dropped by a passing hawk.

I can't help thinking how deeply unpleasant it would have been if it
had landed on my head.

Dom