Old 02-07-2009, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

Default Free Suffolk Punch Mower 12?" Cut

This 30-odd year old mower has been replaced with it's modern equivalent. It
is in rather better condition than it's age suggests and is complete with
grassbox (metal), unperforated by rust and brand new spare bottom blade.

Reason for it's disposal is starting problems. It does start but only when
it's good and ready. I think the causation behind this problem is worn
piston rings, which allows too much oil to enter the combustion chamber,
causing fouling of the plug. I bought a new plug and it started rather
easier for two or three starts (first or second pull) but then it went back
to it's old tricks.

I don't want to fit a new set of rings (I've done more than enough messing
about with mechanical contrivances in my time), though the task to fit them
isn't too onerous. I just don't want to say goodbye to an old friend at the
tip if someone can so a bit of work on it and make further use of it, or
parts of it. I want to get rid of it all, I'm not offering the opportunity
to cannibalise it on my drive!

Please make any responses via the newsgroup - the email address is totally
fictitious.

Collection only I'm afraid. I'm located in South Derbyshire.