Old 04-07-2009, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Identify a thistle?

On 2009-07-04 00:03:13 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

If we are talking thistles, what is mine? It's 8 feet high, multistemmed,
normal purple flowers just coming out. It's so big and wide I might have to
cut it back so I can get down the garden.
My friend thinks it should be in the Guinness Book of Records.

Tina

Sounds like it could be a cardoon which is the cousin of an artichoke
and is mainly sold now for ornamental purposes. 8' high and wide
sounds just right. for Cynara cardunculus.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com