Old 05-07-2009, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Penelope[_2_] Penelope[_2_] is offline

Default Ant infestation of Gardenia - how to get rid of them

On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 09:05:10 -0500, "Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr."
wrote:

Has anyone used a Spinosad product on gardenias with success?

Do you have issues with personal pronouns and paragraphs?

I have used Monterey Garden Insect Spray with success against spit!
thrips and tomato hornworms. It's a concentrate that is made to be
diluted in water.
http://www.montereylawngarden.com/pd..._bilingual.pdf

However, why do you think the ants are causing the problem with your
gardenia? Unless they're herding aphids, I don't see how the ants
would hurt the plant. Are the ants fire ants, is that why you want to
get rid of them? Is there damage on the leaves that looks like insect
damage?

And what kind of fertilizer did you use? If the leaf yellowing
happened right after you fertilized, have you considered that the
fertilizer is the issue? Have you checked your soil pH? How much
water has the gardenia been getting?

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"