Old 06-07-2009, 06:09 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default My Raccoon Doesn't Seem To Like Antifreeze

I really doubt Dexcool will do the job. It's a different
chemical. Buy the cheap green stuff. You might have used too
much, also. Just dampen the catfood with the green
antifreeze.

D-Con, the mouse stuff, might also work. I've seen mouse
poison, designed to look like wheat or grain.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Way Back Jack" wrote in message
In this State, you're not allowed to trap and transport
racs. Anyway,
one time in the past using a Haveaheart, the damn dumb cat
got
trapped. Another time, the rac was able to somehow escape!
Two
other times I was successful in trapping them and shot them
with a
22, but it was a bitch removing the corpses from the traps.

So I marinated a 12 oz. can of cat food in a bowl of
antifreeze. Set
it out near where the rac has been doing his damage. Next
morning,
the ground at the site was wet with antifreeze, suggesting
that he
dumped it, and quite a bit of the cat food remained in the
bowl which
was tossed about 20 yds. away.

Do you know whether ACDelco Dex-Cool antifreeze contains
denatonium
which is an embittering agent? The ingredients list doesn't
mention
it though, so maybe this is simply a rac who doesn't have a
sweet
tooth for antifreeze. I can only hope that the meat portion
that he
did eat contained enough antifreeze to prevent his
destructive return.