Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Rain, Rain, Rain

In message , June Hughes
writes
In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-07-07 08:21:36 +0100, "Muddymike" said:

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Since the heatwave broke we have had 3.25 inches of rain and it
is
tipping it down again as I write
I would have been quite happy if it had stoped at the 2 inches
Yesterday when the sun was out the ground was steaming,
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Dahlia%20mist/
I mist the best as I had to go in for the camera.
You "mist" the best??? Groan.
Not like you to be funny :-)
Mike

We have had torrential downpours here this morning - one was so loud
we woke me up. It's now raining heavily and steadily. So - end of
summer? I do hope not. We went to have a party in the garden to
celebrate Ray's 60 years in horticulture and a party indoors doesn't
seem as appropriate somehow!

It's sunny here this morning, so fingers crossed, hey, Sacha.
Congratulations to Ray.

Sorry to follow my own post. Some people I know were up here in Barnet
last night and I mentioned the lovely weather we had been having. They
grumped about the awful week they had last week in Devon.
--
June Hughes