Old 07-07-2009, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Rain, Rain, Rain

On 2009-07-07 09:00:10 +0100, June Hughes
said:

In message , June Hughes
writes
In message , Sacha
writes
On 2009-07-07 08:21:36 +0100, "Muddymike" said:

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Since the heatwave broke we have had 3.25 inches of rain and it
is
tipping it down again as I write
I would have been quite happy if it had stoped at the 2 inches
Yesterday when the sun was out the ground was steaming,
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...Dahlia%20mist/
I mist the best as I had to go in for the camera.
You "mist" the best??? Groan.
Not like you to be funny :-)
Mike

We have had torrential downpours here this morning - one was so loud we
woke me up. It's now raining heavily and steadily. So - end of
summer? I do hope not. We went to have a party in the garden to
celebrate Ray's 60 years in horticulture and a party indoors doesn't
seem as appropriate somehow!

It's sunny here this morning, so fingers crossed, hey, Sacha.
Congratulations to Ray.

Sorry to follow my own post. Some people I know were up here in Barnet
last night and I mentioned the lovely weather we had been having. They
grumped about the awful week they had last week in Devon.

It's such a pity it's turned quite so drastically just at the start of
the tourist season. We have to hope and pray what we'd like to think
of as 'normal service' is resumed asap!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com