Old 16-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Cass

Default Purple or Lavender Roses

saki wrote:

Several folks here suggested Outta The Blue (which isn't really blue but
is described as purple by some) last year, and when I saw it in the local
nursery I decided against it because (to my eyes) it's a little too close
to International Herald Tribune, which I already grow and which I
consider dark mauve.

Outta The Blue turned out to be that fuschia pink here....with a yellow
reverse?!? Nice rose, very good scent, good substance to the flowers,
in that they survived a lot of wind and rain *open*, but not purple, at
least not at these cool spring temps. I've noticed that they age to a
more purple color, tho, as the yellow fades to white. Mine is right
next to Sophie's Perpetual, whose outer petals of virtually the same
color as OTB. I'm disappointed in the color but not in the rose.