Old 08-07-2009, 03:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default cattleya pecivaliana alberts

Duncan Vincent wrote:
Can any one tell me if cattleya pecivaliana alberts has ever been awarded?
It is alway described as "one of the best". I did see it decribed as having
an FCC once but that is never included on any tag i have seen.

It has a CCM from the AOS awarded to a botanic gardens in Michigan.
Awarded in 2006.

I don't see an FCC from the AOS but there may be one from the RHS in
England.

At the time it got the CCM it had Forty-nine flowers on 17
inflorescences borne on a 40-cm tall, 60-cm by 90-cm wide plant grown in
a 30-cm clay pot, majority of growths in bloom; sepals and petals pink;
lip pink, throat magenta and golden orange turning velvet red to bright
magenta; substance firm; texture crystalline.

Natural spread was 14.2 cm wide x 15.5 vertical
but a better judge of size is often taken from the petal width which was
7.2 wide x 8.3 long.

K Barrett