Old 16-04-2003, 04:44 AM
WD

Default New member--intro

"Kelly Upton" wrote in message
. net...
Hi plant lovers,
I am Kelly and I live in South Georgia, USA I have a 10 gal. tank

that
I am going to be adding more plants to and thought it might be best to

find
out how to do it.
At the moment I have one male Betta, Clyde, and one lonely Banana

plant,
Magilla, in my tank. Unless you count the green algae growing all over
everything!! So far, I don't have filters or anything yet--just a tank of
water and a plant light.
I look forward to seeing what you all have to say and learning about
plants that don't live in pots!!

Nice to meet you all, Kelly

Welcome!

First may I ask, Why no filter? Some kind of filtration is needed in almost
all tanks, if only to create a bilological filter bed to convert the ammonia
to nitrogen.
Since you're just getting into this, may I introduce to you one of the best
sources for aquaria info I've ever seen. The Aquaria FAQ.
http://faq.thekrib.com/

Great stuff. Good luck!

billy