Old 16-04-2003, 04:56 AM
FOW

Default Wanted: Nasty thorns *grin*

Pristine is a nasty thorny one, but I have one that is THE Thorniest of then
all David Austin rose called Cressida. Lost some good clothes on that one !
"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
Pristine is on the hill in the back of my yard. She's got some wicked
talons just sporting bare canes! (I've already been blooded by her just
getting her into the ground.) I'm planning on adding Chrysler Imperial
this weekend (if I can find one locally) to be her companion. CI is
also noted for her sharp claws. Anyone have any suggestions for any
other non-climbing rose with nasty thorns, strong scent, and good
disease resistance? Actually, I may even consider a climber if I can
get it to climb spindly loblolly pines without doing too much damage to
the loblollies. (Loblollies also don't do much as a sun block for the
plants inderneath so I only plant full sun plants under them as anything
requiring shade rapidly dies.)

I'm usually not concerned with how disease resistant roses are but these
are a little out of my normal daily range and I'm worried that they may
be a little neglected. Probably not, knowing me, but still I worry
about the "babies". *grin* Then again, I only have thirteen to fuss
over right now.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu