Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
buzzlightyear buzzlightyear is offline
Registered User

Thumbs down

You are mad - as I was when I bought a set from Wessex Teak recently. Do not be fooled by the glossy looking website. If you are close to Brentwood - go and see them. It is poorly build furniture and the employees are quite frankly cowboys. Save yourself a lot of pain and look elsewhere. If you do still decide to go for it (definitely mad) do not hand over a cheque until you are 100% happy and have given the goods a detailed, assembled inspection - even if the driver has to wait 20 minutes. The parent company is PTC Imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship View Post
Hi

I am thinking of buying some teak furniture from Wessex Teak.

They clearly have a terrible reputation for taking your money and
delivering very late (etc).

HOWEVER, what is the quality of their stuff like?
I you turn up with cash and pick up the stuff yourself is there any
problem?

I am thinking about buying a large teak extendible garden table from
them (2.0m - 3.0m x 1.2m wide)(probably plus a few chairs)...

The thing is that they are SO much cheaper than anyone else. (About
half price or less)
And if their product is of reasonable quality itself... what can go
wrong?

Am I mad?

Ship
Shiperton Henethe