Old 11-07-2009, 04:17 PM posted to alt.bitterness,alt.home.repair,soc.culture.usa,misc.rural,rec.gardens
Way Back Jack[_7_] Way Back Jack[_7_] is offline

Default Forget Anti-Freeze; Forget D-Con; Try Fly Bait

OK, the antifreeze is risky and the raccoons completely ignored the
treat of peanut butter and D-Con pellets. But I know that they made
their rounds last night because of the fresh piles of coon shit.

Google search reveals high praise for fly-bait, generic: methomyl,
brand: Golden Malrin. Poultry farmers swear by it. Mix a soft-drink
(not diet) with fly bait crystals in an aluminum pie plan. Raccoons
die within minutes, sometimes flopping into the plate. It *will* kill
anything that samples it, buy there are mixed opinions as to whether
cats or dogs would sample it. To be safe, I'll keep the damn dumb cat
inside or else locked-in on the screened-in deck.