Old 16-04-2003, 06:20 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Default Near miss

Yikes, I know seagull's mess is supposed to be lucky but rat's droppings or
rather 'dropping rats 'is a whole new line!

Dominic wrote:
: I was planting out on the allotment today when I heard something thud
: to the ground a few feet to the side of me. It sounded slightly heavy,
: like a fist sized clod of earth or something. At first I wondered if
: it was kids taking a pot shot at my greenhouse by lobbing something
: over the high hedge.
:
: It took me a little while to spot the object because it wasn't really
: what I was expecting - a big dead rat
:
: Guessing that this wasn't a rodent suicide or some kind of
: Terminator-style experiment from the future, I assume that the poor
: creature was dropped by a passing hawk.
:
: I can't help thinking how deeply unpleasant it would have been if it
: had landed on my head.
:
: Dom