Old 14-07-2009, 03:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default For Chris

Couldn't respond in the thread you started. Here's my answer.

I think it's mealies. Don't quote me. It's also very common at this time of
year in FL, Chris. Hot + wet + hot + wet = mold. Soap, water and alcohol
are your friends. An application of Physan can help, but this weather we're
having is tough.

Diana
"Ray B" wrote in message
Often, such a "sooty mold" is a precursor to insect problems (I'll be
honest, after than nice French viognier we had with dinner, I don't recall
if it's scale or mealies), but soapy water is useful to wash it off.

Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!