Old 17-07-2009, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Animal Poo? Identification

"TheScullster" wrote

Hi all

Anyone suggest the likely culprit for:

Animal poo approx 10mm diameter - 3 pcs - 1 @ 25mm long and 2 @ 10mm
long - in cluster on lawn.
Similar to cat but - no smell, dry and like charcoal in appearance.
Close examination showed what looked like lots of "beetle-shell-bits"
embedded, which created the charcoal appearance.

TIA

Phil

Thanks to all for comments.
I'm inclined to think the consensus hedgehog is likely.
Will they tolerate a cat-ridden neighbourhood though?
If so, where am I most likely to catch sight of him/her? - Under the shed?
Back of the borders?
Our garden isn't huge (about 17m x 10m) but is a bit "natural" in parts!

Phil