Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
a425couple a425couple is offline

Default State of the pond- One year since relandscape

"Kurt" wrote in message ...
Enjoying my pond so much this year.

Good for you.

year, but here's the album.
http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...d-the%20story/
Password: snakattack --
Really lucked out with this.

Very, very nice! Thank you for sharing.

I'll take a minute (& it's certainly not worth separate thread--)
to update on our "State of the pond" = not so good this year.
So, I've been too disgusted to post much (any??).
(but everyone's advice on my pond scum last year helped with that!)

Petty rant,
Why in the world do racoons insist on doing the
silly damage they do?
(I do understand, why they do what they do, to the fish!)
Why do they take the rocks from around the pond,
and throw them into the pond?
Why do they take the ornaments from in the pond
and throw them out?
Why do they chew/tear up the filters?
(certainly not edible, or is it like kids insisting
on popping the "bubble wrap"? )
Why do they just tear up & break up the plants?
How do they know when I have events schedulled
that cause me to leave the ponds unprotected?
Grrr.