Old 06-08-2009, 01:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Derek B. Noonburg Derek B. Noonburg is offline

Default What's going on with this phal?

One of my phals decided to freak out this year -- it flowered, but
very weakly, and then started growing a thin, spindly stem instead of
normal leaves.

I took a couple photos:
http://www.foolabs.com/tmp/orchid1.jpg
http://www.foolabs.com/tmp/orchid2.jpg

It's a Phal. venosa x Phal. Mount Mitchell, purchased from Odom's in
1999. It was doing great up until this year. I have three other
phals, growing in the exact same conditions (light, water,
fertilizer), and they're all doing fine.

What's wrong with this plant?

- Derek