Old 16-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Snooze

Default bee/wasp/hornet/?? Nest

It's probably a left over wasp from last year. You can knock it down with a
broom, or a garden hose. In the summer time we get them all the time on the
sides of our houses. You can remove active nests, by getting a wasp nest
pesticide. It shoots out a stream of foam and pesticide about 20ft.

Just spray it in the evening, when most the wasps are at home, then the next
day just knock it down with a hose or broom.

Sameer

"Martin R. Soderstrom" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
Hi, all. I'm in Ontario, and we just came out of a late cold snap, so I

was
looking around the house to see what winter had done. My wife noticed a
dark lump on the underside of the peak of our house. I went up to one of
the rooms on the second floor, hung out and used a flashlight to see some
sort of bee-like nest...I think.

It isn't football shaped, as I thought all bees nests were, but it's flat
with definite honeycombs in it. It looks about the size of a paperback
novel. Is this a nest that just isn't finished? I find it hard to

believe
this thing has been up there all winter without us noticing it.

In any case, my main question is, how do I get rid of this thing? I

haven't
seen any bees around, yet, so I'm thinking now is the time to act. Of
course, this weekend is suppose to be sunny and warm (11 celsius), so I'll
probably see them now.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers,

-- Martin