Old 14-08-2009, 11:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mysterious Traveler Mysterious Traveler is offline

Default Walking stick insects

Do walking stick insects suck the life out of plants and make the
leaves fall off?

One appeared near some Hummingbird trumpet vines at the same time
the leaves shriveled up and fell off. Google couldn't tell me how
they affect a plant. There was a link I followed this morning about
a walking stick from another country that is in the southern US and
can spray a chemical that can damage eyes. I was going to include the
link but can't find it now.

Thanks for any help
Mysterious Traveler