Old 16-08-2009, 07:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids,rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default A Million Thanks Kye. X Posting

Rec.gardens.orchids had been around "forever". I started there/here
(just decided to cross post) in 1997.
All of us, with the possible exception of a new reader or two, know that
Kye is the one who set up alt.binaries.pictures.orchids so we all could
show our pictures. Before that, we either had to post to a web site or
use the existing group for general gardening pictures.
Then, when nearly everyone lost the binary groups if not all news
groups, Kye set up the server just for us. We owe him a lot.

A big round of applause to Kye and, if he has not already done so, I
hope he signs up for the new e-mail based group and checks in to see us
once in a while!

Steve in the Adirondacks
PS Maybe Wendy should forward this all to Kye and provide him the link
to sign up if need be.

Ray B wrote:
I agree 100%.

Kye has gone through trial and tribulation – and not a small amount of
money – to keep us “alive”, and we all owe him a great deal of thanks
for that.

The orchidphotos list should relieve him of that burden.

Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - www.firstrays.com http://www.firstrays.com

Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books, Artwork

Free Services & Lots of Info!

*From:* Diana Kulaga ]
*Posted At:* Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:47 PM
*Posted To:* alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
*Conversation:* A Million Thanks Kye. X Posting
*Subject:* A Million Thanks Kye. X Posting

Hear, hear! Kye did a job worthy of a saint. Please, all those who enter
here, join us at the new list. The group hasn't disbanded, but has moved
to greener pastures - together - and welcomes more orchid lovers to join us.

Cross posted to rgo and abpo.

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message

Just want to mention that I had contacted Kye, prior to our
new list, regarding the up & down status of

his server/news group.

My postings were on Kye's request for testing which I
initiated before Ray's List was set up. so

the rest of my posts were just ongoing from there.

I mentioned that the group had disbanded & thanked him
profusely for all his help. I thought that

we could maybe keep Kye's Orchids news group as a back up but it
certainly has it's ups & downs!!!

Anyway, a million thanks to Kye, appreciate everything you
did for us.

Cheers Wendy.