Old 17-08-2009, 09:05 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Pond cleaning day

ReelMcKoi wrote:
"Elizabeth" wrote in message
Hi everybody.
Oh my, I'm so behind on reading the posts....
Anyway, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a pond vac. I couldn't
resist. It was on sale and free shipping. Boy am I happy about it! 3
ho urs later, two years of sludge is gone! he he
Didn't have to move the fish and only had to replace about 4 inches
of water.... less than 20%
Sheesh, remind me why I didn't get that thing 10 years ago?

Elizabeth (slightly sunburned but happy as a clam) in Baton Rouge

=======
Aren't you doing partial water changes every few weeks anyway?

I've never done a partial change. Top ups for evaporation, that's all.
Proper filtration is the answer.
--
Pete C
London UK