Old 19-08-2009, 06:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jankey[_2_] jankey[_2_] is offline

Default A Million Thanks Kye. X Posting

-giggle-

long story, but the issue is internet connectivity in the house.
housemate needs to hog most of the bandwidth for his job (which is
fine. no problem). cable company is claiming we need to rewire the
house in order to get a clean enough signal to be able to use 2
computers and at least one tv. (right now we can use one tv (mine)
and one computer (his) at the same time, after having sacrificed the
proper number of root vegetables to the appropriate gods/goddesses and
spinning in circles counterclockwise on one foot for 30 seconds under
a quarter moon. whole other ritual for the full moon. no
connectivity under no moon. ;-)

so i'm not going to get a machine until we have a good signal (we just
can't face getting the (rented) house rewired at the moment.
housemate, a technogeek, is threatening to get a wireless transmitter
thingie), so 'til then, i'm a workplace user (only when i'm not busy,
boss, really).

one of these days we'll join the 20th century and i'll get a mac, and
maybe even a digital camera! :-)

--j_a

On Aug 19, 11:36*am, "Ray B" wrote:

As an editorial comment: *shame on you for not having a PC and trying to
do all of this on a corporate Blackberry. (insert grin here). *You can
get a whole system for about the cost of a Blackberry!