Old 19-08-2009, 10:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B[_2_] Ray B[_2_] is offline

Default Jungle Feed

What I have learned is that most professional growers (not just
orchids), control their feeding by managing the ppm N in the solution,
and letting the rest of the nutrients "tag along" in the ratios of the
preferred formula.

I shoot for 125 ppm N in my fertilizer solution at all times. It's easy
to determine the amount to use - just divide 10 by the %N on the label,
and the result is teaspoons to add per gallon. For you sophisticated,
metricated folks, divide 13 by the %N to get the ml/L.

Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - http://www.firstrays.com
www.firstrays.com
Orchid Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books
Artwork, Free Services & Lots of Info!

From: keith kent ]
Posted At: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:11 PM
Posted To: rec.gardens.orchids
Conversation: Jungle Feed
Subject: Jungle Feed

Thanks for that Ray , i did see the orchidboard post after doing a
search.
I am going to buy the Akerne orchids feed which is basically the MSU i
think http://www.akerne-orchids.com/index.htm as it is the only one
available in the EU .
As the feed is 13 -3- 15 does this mean that less feed will be required
compared to the 1-0-1 .
If so this is just what i am looking for ,as i mix up at 160lts a time
sometimes and liquid feeds ,i just use too much of the stuff even to get
the mix to 350ppm .
Regards Keith
"Ray B" wrote in message
Dilute it about 12:1 or 13:1
12.8/12=1.07
4.8/12=0.4
14.5/12=1.21
Rounding to the nearest whole number, that's 1-0-1
Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - www.firstrays.com