Old 20-08-2009, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Rod is offline

Default Cutting haulms off potatoes

On 20 Aug, 16:31, Broadback wrote:
That may be true, but I understand that it toughens the skins to help in
storing. I've noticed that local farmer cut his off last week, so I
followed suit. Last year I left mine on the surface of the ground to dry
our, left them too long, so a lot of green. :-((

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.- Hide quoted text -

Not a problem if you handle them carefully. We don't use our last old
spuds until the first new ones are ready.