Old 22-08-2009, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
keith kent keith kent is offline

Default Jungle Feed

Jungle FeedHi Ray ,i have just used your online ppm calculator and inputted 13-3-15 at 0.75 teaspoon a gallon came out at
129n -p 13 -k 123 total TDS 265 ppm
This seems low to me as i would normally aim for around 400-450ppm at the most in summer then reduce to around 250 in winter.
i feed 3 weeks .once a month i use plain RO with added Cal ,mg at this time i would also use the plain RO to add Physan for the monthly treatment .
Regards Keith

wrote in message news:000001ca233b$67e51730$0201a8c0@fro...
Keith,

Unless you're growing stuff like Den. nobile, that needs a "winter rest" - i.e., no nitrogen whatsoever - I find it advantageous to feed year round.

In fact, all of my plants get 125 ppm N (about twice the concentration Kenneth uses) at every watering.

Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - www.firstrays.com
Orchid Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books
Artwork, Free Services & Lots of Info!