Old 16-04-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Near miss

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:20:23 +0100, "Rod"
wrote:

"Dominic" wrote in message
. com...
I was planting out on the allotment today when I heard something thud
to the ground a few feet to the side of me. It sounded slightly heavy,
like a fist sized clod of earth or something. At first I wondered if
it was kids taking a pot shot at my greenhouse by lobbing something
over the high hedge.

It took me a little while to spot the object because it wasn't really
what I was expecting - a big dead rat

Not as nice as the guy working on his allotment had a meteorite land near
him - still hot when he went to pick it up.

And when you try to tell people how exciting allotment gardening is,
they don't believe you!
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk