Old 31-08-2009, 04:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B[_2_] Ray B[_2_] is offline

Default Speaking of feeding

I spoke to Dan Gilmore, the president of the company (EZ-Flo Injection)
that manufactures those, and he acknowledged that the water that pushes
the solution out of the tank will dilute the tank contents "to some
degree", which means the delivered fertilizer concentration will dwindle
as the tank empties.

In lawn sprinkler applications, that's not a problem as the same area
gets all of the nutrient anyway. If used through a hose, the early
plants get the "right" dose, the later ones less.

He did say that there is an "agitation dip tube" that can be removed to
greatly reduce that tendency, as they have some patented technology to
create an "invisible bladder" to minimize mixing. Their technical info
looks like it's only an issue near the end:
http://www.ezfloinjection.com/2-4.asp

Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - www.firstrays.com
Orchid Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books
Artwork, Free Services & Lots of Info!