Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Moving some flora and fauna indoors for the winter

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 08:12:22 EDT, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I'm in NY & winter will be here all too soon.

Yup, but since I go back to work with the school season I'm ready for it.
Lots of work to teach and keep up with my hobby & yard, plus family duties.
Anyway... I do have a mini pond in my living room. Beckett use to make
them, nice with tile on the side, wood frame top and bottom, liner of PVC.
Now they're all solid plastic, black. I have a bucket filter with bell
fountain hooked to small pump within. I bring in my taros, palm and
sometimes small fish. Though I haven't bothered with fish lately I may put
a small wakin or two within this year. And I may try to winter my T.lily in
there. Gets kind of crowded much beyond having the taros, so we'll see.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us