Old 09-09-2009, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Augustus O'Muircheartaigh Augustus O'Muircheartaigh is offline

Default Leylandii Disease

On Sep 9, 2:26*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:08:22 +0100, "jks"
wrote:

My Leylandii have been dying one by one for several years. Previously they
took some time to die but the latest was quite healthy 2 weeks ago and is
now dead. All the trees, planted about 16 years ago, were on a bank of a
stream so I don't think water was a problem.

Looking beneath the bark there is no sign of fungal disease and I can't see
any aphids on it.

It looks as if a privet bush close to the hedge is also dying.

Anyone know what the problem might be and have a cure?

John

A saw cut close to the ground is a good cure for Leylandii.

Followed by a good mulch (concrete or tarmac works well)