Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BOFH[_2_] BOFH[_2_] is offline

Default Leylandii Disease

"jks" wrote in message
My Leylandii have been dying one by one for several years. Previously they
took some time to die but the latest was quite healthy 2 weeks ago and is
now dead. All the trees, planted about 16 years ago, were on a bank of a
stream so I don't think water was a problem.

Looking beneath the bark there is no sign of fungal disease and I can't
see any aphids on it.

It looks as if a privet bush close to the hedge is also dying.

Anyone know what the problem might be and have a cure?

It may be your neighbour poisoning them. Hooray