Old 23-09-2009, 04:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default help with very special orchid

"YvonneD" wrote in message
On Sep 21, 9:28 pm, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:
Yvonne -

Try this link:

http://www.firstrays.com/free_info.htm

Click on repotting.

Your plant is healthy, but I agree with JA that it needs another
repotting.
If you need more help after looking at the link, post here again.

Diana

"jankey" wrote in message

well, as long as you water it sufficiently, it will keep growing;
phals can grow almost bare root if the conditions are right. if it
were mine, i'd take another crack at repotting it.

do any local nurseries in your area hold repotting clinics? you might
be better off taking it there--they have lots of pots and stakes and
media, etc.

that said, some phals just like growing sideways. i have a couple
that immediately start trying to stand on their heads as soon as i
repot them upright.

--j_a

Yvonne is my daugher. I always forget to log her out before I post.

Anyway, thank you for the link. I have already repotted it. I staked
it so that maybe, maybe it will stay upright.

Jane

Good luck with it, Jane. Holler if you need us.

Diana