Old 17-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Chris Davenport

Default Lawn Mower Servicing

In message , pied piper
writes

"Chris Davenport" wrote in message
In message , Harry Rogers
writes
The mower has a five year guarantee and has to be serviced by the dealer

it
came from. So I am told. Its a Honda, by the way.

As a Honda dealer I can confirm that it must be serviced by a Honda
dealer, but it doesn't have to be the dealer you purchased it from.

However you will probably find that all garden machinery dealers will be
quoting lengthy queues at this time of year. Most dealers will give
priority to warranty work and commercial users, so an annual service is
not going to get you to the front of the queue. Honda usually send
service reminder letters to all registered owners between November and
January which is the time when most dealers are desperate for work.
It's a highly seasonal business.

never use the honda main dealer try another shop or get someone do an on

site service

But getting a non-Honda dealer to do the service would invalidate the
5-year warranty. Of course, it would not affect your statutory 12-month
warranty so it's entirely a matter of personal choice.

Chris.

--
Chris Davenport Email:
Joint General Manager

Gordon B. Davenport Web:
www.davenport.gb.com
65 Battlefield Road Email:
Shrewsbury Phone: +44 (0)1743 462950
Shropshire, SY1 4AD Fax: +44 (0)1743 450384
United Kingdom Lawn and Garden Equipment Distributors