Old 11-10-2009, 05:46 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
The Ajo Clowder The Ajo Clowder is offline

Default Ponds vanishing

On Oct 10, 10:05 am, Joe wrote:
ReelMcKoi wrote:
In the past 6 months I've noticed people getting rid of their ponds. Wh

er
e I
used to see
ponds I now see grass or a garden. I notice most of the pet stores h

er
no
longer carry
pond supplies. Pond fish food maybe, and that's about it. I notic

e fe
we
and fewer
people on this group. I wonder if they've given up their ponds. ?!?!

?!

What's going on? Is the fad over for many (most?) people?
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Not me, haven't notices the same issues. Maybe people are trying to cut
back, not uncommon now a days. I do notice less activity on this board
though.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

I've noticed few supplies at many stores, although I have wonder if
part of that is because you can get so many of the same items cheaper
online.

As for fewer ponds, there aren't that many in my area to start with.

Gabrielle
in southwestern Arizona